North Waterloo Area Scout House
The North Waterloo Area Scout House is located at 844 Frederick St., Kitchener. It is available to Scouting Groups and for use by non-profit organizations. There are various meeting rooms and a large meeting hall.
Booking Scout House
Use the on-line booking request form to book a room at Scout House.
|Day Rate||Weekend Rate|
|Mackenzie King||30' X 30' room on 2nd Floor. Has white board, television, cd player, table & chairs to accommodate 50 people.||$60||$110||$150|
|Library||15' X 20' room on 2nd Floor. Can be set up in boardroom style or theatre style…accommodate 12 people.||$50||$95||$125|
|Upper Room||12' X 25' room on 3rd Floor with window. Can accommodate 10 people.||$25||$40||$50|
|Room A||12' X 20' room on 1st Floor. Setup is board room style. Can accommodate 10 people.||$20||$40||$50|
|Room B||Currently not available for use - 12' X 12' room on 1st Floor, Can accommodate 6 people.||$15||$25||$30|
- Fees for use of rented facilities will be waived for Scouting youth program activities.
- A deposit is required at time facility is booked. The deposit amount is the lesser of ½ the rental rate or $25.
- The balance of the rental fee is due either at the time the facility key is picked up or, when a key is not required, on the day prior to use.
- There will be no cancellation fee for bookings cancelled more than 6 weeks before the beginning of the period booked.
- If a booking is cancelled less than 6 weeks prior to the beginning of the rental period a cancellation fee equal to the deposit will be assessed.
- If a booking is cancelled less than 6 days prior to the beginning of the rental period the whole fee will be due and payable subject to rebate if the room can be re-rented.
- Special use of the facility, for example, week long use of a room is subject to an agreed upon rate.
- Waiving or partial waiving of fees, for example for a visit by Her Majesty The Queen may be negotiated with the North Waterloo Scout House Support Committee.
Scout House Repair Wish List
The Scout House requires work from time to time. The North Waterloo Scout House Support Committee has identified a number of things that need to happen sooner than later. The order of the list is not meant to imply priority.
|Acquire and install 4 new toilets|
|Acquire and install new sinks, counter, basins, taps in washrooms|
|Paint main floor room (Room A) and repair drywall.||Completed by 1st Hope Lutheran Venturers|
|Paint window frames (windows facing parking lot) 6 to do|
|Paint 2 rear doors|
|Paint the McKenzie King Room||Region of Waterloo MedVents and MedRovers|
|Sand and refinish the McKenzie King Room hardwood floor|
|Install new plastic feet for existing chairs in McKenzie King Room||Completed by Ken Coyle|
|Repair (weld) some of the metal framed chairs used in the McKenzie King Room|
|Install energy efficient lights through out the building|
|Fix step to kitchen|
|Acquire and install a new timer for parking lot light||Completed by David White|
|Acquire and install a new door for ladies washroom|