Welcome to North Waterloo Area of Central Escarpment Council
Since 1934 Serving
Cities of Kitchener and Waterloo
Townships of Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich
Everton Summer Camp is Waiting for YOU!
Are you looking for an exciting way to spend a week during the summer holidays? Are you looking for a way to really cap off an excellent Cub or Scout year? Then camp Everton is the place to do it!
We offer the following camps for the summer of 2017:
- Cub Camp: July 9 - 14, 2017
- ACE Camp: July 16 - 21, 2017
- Scout Camp: July 16 - 21, 2017
Cub Camp is open to Cubs and White Tail Beavers. ACE Camp is for Cubs who will be Scouts in September.
Camp Everton Information
Follow this link for ALL information about Camp Everton including a map of the camp, pictures of all the features and buildings and directions (text and map).
Camp Everton Spring Clean-up
Spring is sprunging (word play depicting a verb “of sorts”).
We are having our annual spring clean-up at Everton Saturday April 29th starting at 8:30 am and running until about 3 pm.
We have a few of the same activities around forestry (splitting, cutting and chipping)
Cleaning Wheeler and the pool to ready it for filling.
We had to make some repairs to our firewood storage shed so all the wood we split last fall will be placed inside.
We are planning to plant wild flowers to attract and promote healthy honey bee populations;
Transplant several cedar trees from our nursery on the side hill to the field by Wheeler and replace the ash trees we harvested last fall lost to the Emerald Ash Borer. Those stumps were removed last week.
Book Scout House & Camp Mohawk
Scout House Key
Now that the Scout Shop is no longer operating, there is less activity at Scout House during the day. However, we have noted that there has been undocumented access to the building of which we were not aware since there was nothing booked on the calendar.
The Scout House is an important resource to all Scouting members in North Waterloo. We want to ensure that it is there for you when you need it and book it.
If you wish to book a room for a meeting or an activity be sure to visit the booking page on the NWA website.
Further, it has been some time since the code has been changed on the lock-box that holds the entrance door key. As an extra security measure, the code has been changed. If you require the lock-box code, it will be provided when your booking is confirmed. Please do not share the code with others unless absolutely necessary. We trust that you appreciate the security reason.
Remember, Scout House is a valuable resource for all of us. There are just a few common sense rules that will make your use of the facilities enjoyable and enjoyable for the next user:
- It takes everyone to be respectful to ensure we all enjoy our Scout House.
- Please leave Scout House neat and tidy, or better yet, please leave it better than you may have found it.
- Scout House is cleaned once a week. Therefore, it requires everyone's cooperation so that all Scout House users have a positive Experience.
- Always put the lockbox numbers Back to all zeros when leaving. Make sure that all doors are locked and lights turned off - upstairs and washrooms. The stair lights can be left on for safety if you wish.
- Do not ever share the lockbox code unless in emergency.
- Booking courtesy:
- If you have made a booking and for some reason you no longer require it, please let The Webmaster know so the booking can be cancelled and made available for another group to use.
- Only book what room or rooms you will be actually using.