Honours and Awards
Scouts Canada offers many honours and awards for all of its registered members:
- youth members
- non-uniformed members
All it takes is you to start the process. Many members have already received recognition by the Area, but many more awards are deserved. Take the time to browse the information available here to help you decide if you know someone who deserves formal recognition.
Here is a list of the many members (121 Kb PDF) the Area has already recognised for their contribution to Scouting.
Here is a brief description of the available awards:
- For High Character and Courage
- Jack Cornwell Decoration - for high character and courage
- Award for Fortitude - for fortitude
- For Gallantry
- Gold Cross / Bar to the Gold Cross - for gallantry, with special heroism and extraordinary risk
- Silver Cross / Bar to the Silver Cross - for gallantry, with considerable risk
- Bronze Cross / Bar to the Bronze Cross - for gallantry, with moderate risk
- Certificate for Gallantry - for gallantry, with slight risk and worthy of recorded commendation
- For Meritorious Conduct
- Medal for Meritorious Conduct / Bar to the Medal for Meritorious Conduct - for especially meritorious conduct not involving heroism or loss of life
- Certificate for Meritorious Conduct - for meritorious conduct worthy of recorded commendation but which does not justify a medal or a bar
- For Outstanding Service to Scouting
- Silver Fox - for service of the most exceptional character to Scouting in the international field, performed by persons who are not members of Scouts Canada
- Silver Wolf - for service of the most exceptional character to Scouting, normally of national importance
- Silver Maple Leaf - for outstanding service to Scouting in excess of 25 years, as a member of the executive staff, awarded upon retirement
- The Silver Acorn - for especially distinguished service to Scouting
- Bar to the Silver Acorn - for continued especially distinguished service to Scouting
- The Medal of Merit - for especially good service to Scouting
- Bar to the Medal of Merit - for continued especially good service to Scouting
- Awarded at the Provincial Level for Long, Faithful and Effective Service
- Medal for Good Service - for good service to Scouting
- Certificate of Commendation - for service to Scouting worthy of commendation
- Medal for Long Service - for long, faithful and effective service to Scouting for 10 years
If you are fortunate enough to have been awarded a certificate, you must now figure out where to place it on your uniform. Look no further than this document !
Adult members receive recognition for their 5th, 10th, 15th etc. years of service. This form (6Kb PDF) can be used to record your years of service.